Are your customers and employees ready for an expanded mobilized workforce?
Here are some questions to help you assess how ready you are to support a work-from-home work force:
• Does your network infrastructure currently have the capacity and functionality to support the increase in remote users?
• If you have a VPN solution in place, do you have enough client connections to support the increase in remote workers?
• Does your current security solution support the increased bandwidth of all users’ remote traffic being secured?
• Do you have security in place to protect these remote users when connected to the VPN?
• Would an always-on VPN hardware appliance at remote users’ locations secure and simplify access to the corporate network?
DO YOU HAVE A VPN SOLUTION?
A VPN (virtual private network) creates secure connections between computers or networks in different locations back to the corporate network.
Things you should consider when upgrading your current VPN solution:
• Does your firewall support enough concurrent connections for all your remote users accessing the network?
• Does your firewall have sufficient throughput capabilities for the increase in remote users?
• Do you have an MFA solution in place to secure these VPN connections?
An MFA solution adds another authentication layer on top of username & password for accessing VPN, laptops, and Cloud applications.
Things you should consider when upgrading or implementing your current MFA solution:
• A Cloud-based solution will make it quick and easy to configure and deploy to remote users.
• The solution should be multi-purpose and be able to protect VPNs, PC logins and third-party web applications.
• An application-based solution utilizing your remote workers smartphones will reduce costs and simplify deployments.
Endpoint protection is a suite of products to secure end user devices such as desktops and laptops while off-premises.
Things you should consider regarding your endpoint protection:
• Does your current solution provide both signature-based and AI-based detection capabilities?
• Do you have web content & DNS filtering on the remote end points to offer additional protection when they
are not on the VPN?
As a full suite IT and cybersecurity firm, Restech can help with your business technology and cybersecurity needs. Contact us to learn more.